Wednesday, April 16, 2014

First Post!

Hello Internet!

My name is Laura Ahlgren and this blog will be dedicated to my future writing endeavors. My main goal, hopefully(!), will be a novelist, but I also have interests in journalism, communications, and social media (I'm a bit of a Tumblr fiend, to be honest).

As I said, this blog will be dedicated to my writing. Now, what do I mean by that? Well, I'm thinking that at first I could post little snippets of the novel I'm working on; thoughts about the world/my life; etc. I really would love to pursue a career in writing, and I don't have much published out there, so here I am with this blog!

I have written an article for Wisbusiness.com, about Imbed Biosciences, a bioscience company making ultra thin layers of silver for burn bandages. Unfortunately, it is no longer available there, so I'll post it here in a new post after this one. This article was written for my Capstone class at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where I studied Life Sciences Communications (concentration: business) and from which I graduated in December 2010.

I've spent the last three years in South Korea teaching English, and now that I have returned to the USA, I'm looking to further my writing career.

So sit back and relax as we go on this adventure together! Feel free to give me tips or comments on how to improve my writing. If you're interested in working with me on some projects, feel free to contact me as well. (I'll put my blog email address in the bio section.)

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment